New for 2013. Every day we negotiate solutions and convince people to understand our point of view. Negotiation is influence. This training will empower participants (you) to negotiate effectively with confidence while building strong relationships without conflict. You will learn to assess your audience and prepare for a negotiation that will influence your audience and gain agreement and mutual respect. The workshop is very interactive and participants will provide input prior to the workshop about what negotiation scenarios they deal with on a daily basis.
- Identify your goals and prepare for the outcomes
- Understand your audience and gather key information
- Effective communication and the importance of listening
- Knowing when to say no and how to say no
- Dealing with impromptu negotiations
- How to manage conflict and take the emotion out of the discussion
- The negotiation model- the key steps to reaching mutual gain
- Negotiation tactics and strategies for peers vs. supervisors
- Being your own advocate
Please contact Sue Kingsbury
with any questions regarding professional development.