The Ad Club’s Copywriting Essentials+ Workshop offers advertising and marketing writers a one-day immersion in good copywriting practice. The training covers essential elements of persuasive writing and includes practical problem-solving, hands-on practice, and critique.
Participants will analyze what works and what doesn’t. You’ll learn techniques that will move you more effectively through strategies and make concepting more productive, drafts stronger, and your final product harder working.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Understand the major elements of persuasive writing
- Learn and practice techniques that lead to good copy
- Learn to mine strategies for nuggets of strong communication
- Understand and practice what makes a voice or brand
- Practice working with visuals
- Practice editing and catching grammar errors
- Learn to adapt messages to different media
- Add to your writing toolkit
- How do you get someone’s attention? How do you hold it for a nanosecond longer?
- Why should a consumer listen to you?
- What’s the difference between a feature and a benefit? Does it matter?
- Where can you find ideas?
This workshop will answer these questions, and along the way, provide the opportunity to look at and learn from the good, the bad, and those ugly projects we all have to face.
Have Questions about Professional Development? Contact Molly Sullivan.